2015 New Balance Falmouth Road Race
Special Events Schedule
(subject to change)
The 2015 New Balance Falmouth Road Race Week Schedule
and Health & Fitness Expo Seminar Schedule
Thursday, August 13th
- 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Health & Fitness Expo and Number Pick-up OPEN
- 5:00 PM Paul Clerici: Author of The History of the Falmouth Road Race: A freelance journalist, writer, photographer, former newspaper editor and dedicated runner, Paul Clerici has competed as a runner at nearly every distance from the mile to the marathon—including the Boston Marathon more than 20 years in a row. He spent many childhood summers in Falmouth, and has run the race several times. Clerici’s latest book, “A History of the Falmouth Road Race,” was published in July. His previous books include “History of the Greater Boston Track Club” and “Boston Marathon History by the Mile.”
Friday, August 14th
- 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM – Health & Fitness Expo and Number Pick-up OPEN
- 4:00 PM FAST (Falmouth Area Sports Training) Flexibility Clinic: Jeff Dardenne is a coach, licensed physical therapist assistant, a performance enhancement specialist, a USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sport Performance Coach, and team trainer for the Cape Cod Swim Club. He has worked with the Northeast Olympic Development Academy, Boston Bruins, New England Revolution, Bryant College, and Falmouth High School, among others. Dardenne has been a competitive mountain biker, and also enjoys rugby, lacrosse, and skiing
- 5:00 PM Paul Clerici: Author of The History of the Falmouth Road Race
- 5:00 PM Karen Rinaldo, 2015 NBFRR Poster artist will be signing runner posters at the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce booth
- 5:30 PM Team Hoyt: Legendary father-son wheelchair duo, competing here for 36th time, to inspire listeners with address of "Yes You Can," and take questions.
- 6:00 PM New Balance Girls Night Out: limited to 200 registered women. Visit www.newbalance.com/gno
- 6:30 PM Dane Rauschenberg, an American long-distance runner who ran 52 marathons - one every weekend - in 2006 for a $43,000 charity effort he coined "Fiddy2", will be on-site at the expo to sign copies of his book 138,336 Feet to Pure Bliss: What I learned about Life, Women (and Running) in my 1st 100 Marathons.
- 7:00 PM Rebecca Pacheco: Author of Do Your Om Thing: A Falmouth native who began practicing yoga at the age of 16, Rebecca Pacheco had careers in both education and marketing before becoming an international yoga teacher creating the popular yoga and wellness site, Om Gal. In 2013 she taught the first-ever yoga class in Fenway Park, to benefit the Red Sox Foundation, and has twice run the Boston Marathon.
Saturday, August 15th
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM – Health & Fitness Expo and Number Pick-up OPEN
- 9:30 AM Dr. Huggins, Korey Stringer Institute: Dr. Huggins is an authority on athlete performance in the heat, and works in the medical tent at Falmouth and the Boston Marathon.
- 11:00 AM Dave McGillivray and Meb Keflezighi: Our race director joins the winner of the 2014 Boston Marathon, who will be his first Falmouth as a master after turning 40 in May.
- 12:00 PM Karen Rinaldo, 2015 NBFRR Poster Artist will be signing runner posters at the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce booth
- 12:30 PM Tatyana McFadden: Adopted from a Russian orphanage at the age of 6, McFadden has become one of the best wheelchair athletes in history. She returns to Falmouth to defend her title after winning the Boston Marathon for the third-consecutive year
- 2:00 PM The Legends: Joan Samuelson, Bill Rodgers & Frank Shorter
- 2:00 PM BOOK SIGNING – Paul Clerici: Author of The History of the Falmouth Road Race at the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce booth
- 4:30 PM In-Motion Training, SBLI Falmouth Family Fun Run stretching clinic and warm-up: Join In Motion's Nicole Spencer before the SBLI Family Fun Run for a free, fun kids' running clinic and warm-up. Outside at track.
- 5:00 PM SBLI Falmouth Family Fun Run at the FHS track
- Tommy Cochary High School Mile
- Falmouth Youth Mile
- Toddler Trot
- Family Fun Run
Sunday, August 16th RACE DAY
- The 43rd running of the New Balance Falmouth Road Race
- 5:45 AM - 7:45 AM – Buses, for runners only, from Lawrence Jr. High to the Start
- 8:40 AM – Start of Wheelchair division, sponsored by Spaulding Rehab Cape Cod and Duo Program participants
- 8:50 AM – Women elite start
- 9:00 AM – Elite men and open start
- 10:45 AM – Awards Ceremony
- 11:30 AM – Course closes
All Expo events will take place at the Special Events stage unless otherwise noted.